The State Govt. in G.o.Ms.No.132 Rural Development and Panchayat Raj (PR.III) Department Dated: 02.11.2016, have issued the guidelines for the formation of AMMA Park in rural areas. The fund for this scheme is provided from State Finance Commission and 14th Finance Commission grants.
The following are the gist of guidelines
One of the discretionary duties of Village Panchayats is to provide necessary facilities for the establishment of play grounds, parks, sports clubs and centre of physical exercise for the welfare of the people in rural areas. At a cost of Rs.20 lakhs per park in order to provide recreational infrastructure facilities in rural areas on par with urban areas.
Identification of Amma Parks and Components of AMMA Parks
“Amma Parks‟ are taken up in the midst of the habitations in the village Panchayats which have an annual income of Rs.20 lakhs and receiving Rs.20 lakhs and above under 14th Finance Commission.
The area required for the AMMA Park is about 15,000 to 20,000 sq.ft. Land or OSR (Open Space Reserved) lands handed over to the village panchayats.
The Amma Parks proposed in the Village Panchayats adjacent to sub urban / semi urban areas are developed with facilities for youth, women and children along with play materials for children.
The facilities available in AMMA Park are
- Foot path in Cement Concrete or Paver block.
- Lighting arrangements with LED bulbs.
- Cement / Granite topped benches (or) stainless steel benches.
- Toilet for women, children and elderly people.
- Water facilities for drinking, garden maintenance and toilet
- Children play area with play materials.
- Welcome Arches with Creepers (Steel) and exit.
- Compound wall with safety grill provision or with precast materials.
- Information boards and instruction boards shall be erected at appropriate locations with proper captions.
- Pebble walk and provision for “8” shaped pebble surface may be provided wherever required.
People of the rural area.
Recreation of rural people
How To Apply